- The Regular Session runs from September through June. The Summer Session, if offered, runs from July through August.
- a) To register for the Regular Session, the Registration Form (for new students) and tuition payment must be received by the deadline indicated on your invoice. Payment can be made in full via e-transfer or cheque.b) Alternatively, payment may be submitted in the form of two post-dated cheques:
i) dated September 1
ii) dated February 1
E-transfers will also be accepted on these dates.
- Late registrations will be accepted, space permitting. Simply fill out the Lesson Inquiry/Registration Form indicating your desired start date in the “Questions or Comments” section.
- To register for the Summer Session, the Registration Form and tuition payment in the form of a cheque post-dated for July 1 must be received by the deadline indicated on your invoice.
- Tuition does not include books and supplies.
- At least one parent/guardian and the student (where possible), will be subscribed to the studio website in order to receive important announcements, studio-related information, and music-related posts. Kindly accept the invitation to subscribe, which will be sent to your e-mail address(es).
- Lessons will take place weekly at a regularly scheduled time arranged between teacher and student (or parent/guardian).
- Should the teacher need to cancel a lesson, every effort will be made to provide notice at least 24 hours in advance of the lesson time. A make-up lesson will be given at a time arranged between teacher and student (or parent/guardian). If no make-up time can be arranged, tuition credit will be given for the missed lesson.
- Lesson cancellation by the student (or student’s parent/guardian) must be made at least 24 hours in advance of the lesson time. A make-up lesson will be given at a time arranged between teacher and student (or parent/guardian). No make-up lesson will be given if no notice of cancellation is received, or if notice is received in less than 24 hours. Lesson cancellation due to an emergency will require appropriate documentation. Tuition credit will not be given for lessons cancelled by the student (or parent/guardian).
- A maximum of 3 missed lessons is permitted in one Regular Session, regardless of the reason. No make-up lessons will be given for further student absences. For those registered for less than a Regular Session, the maximum number of missed lessons permitted will be dependent on the length of registration.
- The student is expected to be prepared for the lesson, bringing all lesson books, a binder, pencil, and eraser. Materials needed, including books, will be discussed at the first lesson and whenever necessary.
- Students are expected to practice regularly. Guidelines for practice will be given before the end of each lesson.
- A waiting area is provided for parents/guardians for the duration of a student’s lesson.
- Parents/Guardians of students who need assistance with bathroom use must stay in the waiting area for the duration of the student’s lesson.
- Students must arrive on time in order not to disrupt the class.
- Any materials/supplies needed will be discussed in class as needed.
- As a courtesy to classmates, students (or their parents/guardians) must provide notice of absence at least 24 hours prior to the class time. This will allow revisions to be made to the lesson plan.
- No make-up lessons are provided for missed classes. The student (and their parent/guardian) will, however, be informed of what was missed.
- A make-up lesson will be given in the event that the teacher cancels a class. The make-up class will be given at a time convenient for everyone. If this is not possible credit will be given for the cancelled class.
- Parents/Guardians should prepare children to engage in appropriate classroom behaviour.
- At least one parent or guardian must remain in the music studio’s waiting area throughout the lesson.
- If a student wishes to withdraw, a minimum of 30 days’ notice is required, e.g. if you wish to end your lessons on January 31st, you must give notice no later than January 1st, in order for a refund to be given for the remaining months.
- If less than 30 days’ notice is given, the equivalent of one month’s tuition will not be returned.
Student Salons and Performances
At least one Student Salon will take place during the Regular Session. The Salon is a casual event that allows students to share their music with each other. Immediate family members are invited to attend. It is a low-pressure event meant to celebrate what students are working on. A date will be announced early in the new school year so that students (and/or parents and guardians) can make sure not to schedule any other commitments on this date.
Other opportunities for performance will be announced as they become available.
Updated on August 3, 2018